This is class is perfect for Advanced Beginner to Intermediate Sewists. Students should know how to use a rotary cutter and fabric scissors, sew basic seams, and be familiar with your machine and how to thread, change bobbin, etc. If you are new to sewing or would like to brush up on your basic skills, please enroll in our Learn to Sew class. Please bring a sewing machine you know and are comfortable using. If you need to use one of our machines, please let us know when you register.
- 1/2 yard canvas fabric
- 1/2 yard lining (quilting cotton) fabric
- 1/2 yard 986F Pellon fusible fleece
- Clean and lubricated sewing machine with fresh needle
- Standard presser foot that came with your sewing machine.
-45mm rotary cutter with a fresh blade
- 6in. x 24in. acrylic ruler
- Rotary cutting mat (18in. x 24in. minimum dimensions)
- Thread color matching the exterior and lining fabric of your choice (your choice of poly or cotton standard weight thread)
- Wonder Clips (standard size)
- Pins (standard flat-head will work, but not super-fine as we are using these to secure multiple layers of fabric)
- Thread snips
- Seam ripper
- Fabric glue stick (optional)
- 18mm (3/4in.) bias tape maker (optional)
- Fabric marking pencil (Sewline Trio Fabric Mechanical Pencil HIGHLY recommended)
Students receive a 15% discount on materials needed for class. Please bring your fabric to class. If you need to purchase fabric/supplies day-of class, please arrive early (Hip Stitch opens at 10am).